Sarah Hulett is Michigan Radio’s senior editor for enterprise and long-form reporting, helping reporters to do their best work. She’s also worked as newscast editor and spent five years as the station’s Detroit reporter, contributing to several reporting projects that won state and national awards.
Before coming to Michigan Radio, Sarah spent five years as state Capitol correspondent for Michigan Public Radio. She’s a graduate of Michigan State University.
Contributions from Sarah Hulett
- John Conyers, Detroiter and former dean of House of Representatives, dead at 90
Former Democratic Michigan Congressman John Conyers has died. The one-time dean of the House of Representatives was 90 years old. Conyers first ran for Congress in 1964 – at a time when the civil righ …
- Governor, Republican lawmakers agree to negotiate budget without roads fix
Following a months-long impasse , Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Republican legislative leaders have agreed to work out a budget framework without a long-term fix for the state’s roads. “The people of Mich …
- Private prison hiring staff, drawing residents to northern Michigan community
North Lake Correctional Facility, in northern Michigan, is gearing up to accept federal inmates this fall. And one local official says the rural community is already seeing the economic benefits. “It …
- Border situation draws Independence Day protest at Detroit immigration office
More than 100 people showed up at Detroit’s immigration office on Thursday to protest conditions at migrant detention camps along the southern U.S. border.
- Lab ends study that force-fed beagles fungicide
Corteva Agriscience, a division of DowDupont, says it's ended its controversial testing program that was exposed last week by animal welfare advocates.