Sarah Hulett is Michigan Radio’s senior editor for enterprise and long-form reporting, helping reporters to do their best work. She’s also worked as newscast editor and spent five years as the station’s Detroit reporter, contributing to several reporting projects that won state and national awards.
Before coming to Michigan Radio, Sarah spent five years as state Capitol correspondent for Michigan Public Radio. She’s a graduate of Michigan State University.
Contributions from Sarah Hulett
- Police brutality protest in Detroit turns violent; 21-year-old killed
Update: May 30, 2020 4:20 p.m. Detroit Police Chief James Craig says 60 people were arrested during Friday night’s melee. Thirty-seven of them were from outside the city of Detroit.
- How families stuck on the outside are advocating for their loved ones with COVID-19
On March 26, two of the most important women in Biba Adams’ life went into the hospital with COVID-19 infections, and would soon be fighting for their lives.
- Study: Water births just as safe as non-water births
Researchers from the University of Michigan say the risk of infection and ICU admissions for newborns, and of postpartum hemmorhage for women, are the same whether a woman gives birth in water, or out …
- John Conyers, Detroiter and former dean of House of Representatives, dead at 90
Former Democratic Michigan Congressman John Conyers has died. The one-time dean of the House of Representatives was 90 years old. Conyers first ran for Congress in 1964 – at a time when the civil righ …
- Governor, Republican lawmakers agree to negotiate budget without roads fix
Following a months-long impasse , Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Republican legislative leaders have agreed to work out a budget framework without a long-term fix for the state’s roads. “The people of Mich …