Bryce Huffman is Michigan Radio’s West Michigan Reporter. Huffman has been serving as a reporter for Michigan Radio since Fall 2016.
He has covered a variety of Michigan stories, including immigrants facing deportation, residents dealing with ongoing groundwater contamination, and tension between the black community and Grand Rapids police.
A Detroit native, Huffman graduated from Central Michigan University with a degree in Journalism. He joined Michigan Radio as a newsroom intern in May 2016.
Contributions from Bryce Huffman
- Grand Rapids police chief announces retirement
The Grand Rapids Chief of Police officially announced his retirement Thursday. David Rahinsky has been a police officer for more than 30 years, and has been chief in Grand Rapids since July 2014.
- GRPD updates Youth Interactions Policy after 2 incidents of black children held at gunpoint in 2018
The Grand Rapids Police Department updated its Youth Interactions Policy on Monday. The previous policy was made after officers handcuffed and arrested an unarmed 11 year old black girl last December.
- PFAS chemicals can potentially cause male infertility and smaller penis size
Two commonly found PFAS compounds can potentially cause male infertility, according to a recent study. A study published last month in The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism found that P …
- Kent County officials offer residents more details about PFAS exposure assessment
Northern Kent County residents say they're eager to learn more about a new PFAS chemical exposure study. Representatives from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Kent Cou …
- Grand Rapids woman raises money for heart surgery after Spectrum rejects her for transplant
A West Michigan woman says she raised more than $11,000 this past weekend to afford a heart transplant after Spectrum Health rejected her from its transplant list. 60-year-old Hedda Martin says Spectr …