Emma is a producer and reporter for the digital news team at Michigan Radio. Her duties span all things web-related, from reporting news online to producing videos to creating maps and graphics for other reporters.
A native of northern Michigan, Emma is a recent graduate of the University of Michigan, with a dual degree in Communication Studies and Film Studies. As such, she is a movie and TV junkie, and is always up for a game of trivia. Her other passions include reading, cooking, and taking too many pictures of her golden retriever, Gus.
Recent stories by Emma Winowiecki:
- 4 years ago today, Flint shut off its water pipeline from Detroit. Here's what happened next.
"After a brief delay, the city of Flint will finally start getting its drinking water exclusively from the Flint River starting this afternoon." Four years ago, on April 25, 2014, Michigan R …
- State to expand testing as two toxic chemical plumes spread in Brighton
More than 100 Brighton homes will be tested for the cancer-causing chemical trichloroethylene (TCE), according to state officials.
- Crowdsourced U of M affordability guide goes national
In January, the University of Michigan’s Central Student Government (CSG) released their anticipated “Campus Affordability Guide.” The guide was meant to help lower income students save money. Some of …
- New dents in Line 5 pipeline likely came from same vessel that hit electric cables
Three small dents in Enbridge Energy's Line 5 pipeline are likely from the same vessel that caused damage to electrical cables in the Straits of Mackinac. Enbridge told the state late Tuesday nig …
- Legislators change driver's licenses, state ID bills after complaints by immigrant advocates
State legislators have modified a set of bills on driver's licenses and state IDs after complaints by immigrant rights' groups. The House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee removed …