Emma is a producer and reporter for the digital news team at Michigan Radio. Her duties span all things web-related, from reporting news online to producing videos to creating maps and graphics for other reporters.
A native of northern Michigan, Emma is a recent graduate of the University of Michigan, with a dual degree in Communication Studies and Film Studies. As such, she is a movie and TV junkie, and is always up for a game of trivia. Her other passions include reading, cooking, and taking too many pictures of her golden retriever, Gus.
Recent stories by Emma Winowiecki:
- Rapid movement of bills through lame duck legislature continues Thursday
The lame duck Legislature keeps moving forward. Lawmakers continued to advance a high volume of bills through the House, Senate, and committees Thursday.
- Recreational marijuana is legal today in Michigan. Here are 5 things to know before lighting up.
Michigan’s recreational marijuana law, officially known as the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Act, goes into effect today. Well, part of it, at least. Voters passed Proposal 1 last mont …
- Weds. lame duck session sees changes to Line 5 tunnel plan, campaign finance oversight, and more
- Changes to minimum wage and earned sick time measures on way to governor
Governor Rick Snyder will now decide whether to approve major changes to voter initiated laws. Ballot proposals that would increase the state’s minimum wage and require employers to offer earned sick …
- Legislation on paid sick time, abortion, wetlands, and more move forward during lame duck session
Tuesday was a busy day for legislators in Lansing. Lawmakers are pushing through bills at a breathtaking pace before the new Legislature, and Democratic leaders, take office in January. Protesters wer …