Emma is a producer and reporter for the digital news team at Michigan Radio. Her duties span all things web-related, from reporting news online to producing videos to creating maps and graphics for other reporters.
A native of northern Michigan, Emma is a recent graduate of the University of Michigan, with a dual degree in Communication Studies and Film Studies. As such, she is a movie and TV junkie, and is always up for a game of trivia. Her other passions include reading, cooking, and taking too many pictures of her golden retriever, Gus.
Recent stories by Emma Winowiecki:
- "A portrait of survival": Nassar survivors presented with the ESPY's Ashe Courage Award
More than a hundred "sister survivors" took the stage at the ESPY Awards last night to accept the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage. They represented just a fraction of the women and girls who s …
- Bethany says 100% of children under five in their care will be reunited with families
A federal judge said last month the government must reunite all migrant children under the age of five with their families today, and Bethany Christian Services says their agency has met that deadline …
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns precedent-setting Michigan union case
The U.S. Supreme Court overturned a precedent-setting 1977 decision Wednesday. The case, Abood v. Detroit Board of Education , was a Michigan case that stipulated public sector employees who opt out o …
- 5 things to know about the ballot proposal to end gerrymandering in Michigan
A proposal that seeks to end gerrymandering in the state will be on the ballot this November. The Board of State Canvassers voted to add the question from the group Voters Not Politicians on June 20.
- Mich. Dept. of Education adds two public input sessions on proposed social studies guidelines
The Michigan Department of Education has added two "listen and learn sessions" about proposed social studies guidelines amid growing outcry over the changes. The proposal features controvers …