Emma is a producer and reporter for the digital news team at Michigan Radio. Her duties span all things web-related, from reporting news online to producing videos to creating maps and graphics for other reporters.
A native of northern Michigan, Emma is a recent graduate of the University of Michigan, with a dual degree in Communication Studies and Film Studies. As such, she is a movie and TV junkie, and is always up for a game of trivia. Her other passions include reading, cooking, and taking too many pictures of her golden retriever, Gus.
Recent stories by Emma Winowiecki:
- Whitmer toughens mask mandate, says businesses must deny service
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is toughening a requirement to wear masks during the coronavirus pandemic, mandating that businesses open to the public deny service or entry to customers who refuse to wear one.
- Attorneys release video of 16-year old's death at youth facility, call for more charges
Attorneys for the family of Cornelius Fredericks have released the video documenting the 16-year old's death at a Kalamazoo youth facility . Fredericks died May 1 after being improperly restraine …
- Is it safe to go watch fireworks during a pandemic? Here's what you need to know.
Fourth of July is going to look a little different this year.
- Here's how Michigan's COVID-19 case rate compares to other states
The COVID-19 pandemic isn’t slowing down in the United States. But in Michigan, things are starting to look up. Hospitalizations are down, the rate of case increase is slowing, and the state has been …
- Here's how Michigan universities plan to reopen in the fall
After cancelling face-to-face classes this spring due to COVID-19 , universities across Michigan are gearing up to bring students back to campus this fall. Although the state of Michigan is doing rela …