Emma is a producer and reporter for the digital news team at Michigan Radio. Her duties span all things web-related, from reporting news online to producing videos to creating maps and graphics for other reporters.
A native of northern Michigan, Emma is a recent graduate of the University of Michigan, with a dual degree in Communication Studies and Film Studies. As such, she is a movie and TV junkie, and is always up for a game of trivia. Her other passions include reading, cooking, and taking too many pictures of her golden retriever, Gus.
Recent stories by Emma Winowiecki:
- Whitmer announces MI reopening plan, tied to state vaccination rate
Governor Gretchen Whitmer has announced a plan to tie the lifting of coronavirus restrictions to Michigan's vaccination rate, setting four specific benchmarks that must be reached to return to no …
- University of Michigan will require vaccinations to live on campus
The University of Michigan will require COVID-19 vaccinations for students who live on its Ann Arbor campus this fall. President Mark Schlissel said Friday that shots won't be mandated for facult …
- Michigan pauses Johnson & Johnson vaccine after federal recommendation
Michigan paused the use of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine today after federal health officials recommended doing so Tuesday morning.
- Whitmer urges halt of high school classes, youth sports, and indoor dining amid COVID surge
- Michigan's first case of Brazilian COVID-19 variant identified in Bay County
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services says it has identified the first case of the P.1 COVID-19 variant in a Bay County resident. The P.1 variant, which originated in Brazil, is the sec …