As a senior producer/reporter from 2010 to 2016 he helped move the station toward publishing more online-first stories.
From 2006 to 2010, as the unit’s co-manager and senior producer, Mark helped transition the station’s regional environmental news unit into an award-winning national news service known as The Environment Report.
Mark is a graduate of the University of Michigan (’00 MS in Environmental Policy and Planning & ’91 BA in Political Science) and has been a “public radio junkie” since 1992. Much of Mark’s storytelling philosophy was influenced through his close work with veteran CBC “réalisateur” David Candow.
Contributions from Mark Brush
- PHOTOS: The World Trade Center designs are owned by the state of Michigan
Most of us remember where we were 16 years ago today when the twin towers came down in the 9-11 terrorist attacks. The buildings, once a towering representation of New York's financial district, …
- Taxpayer tab on Flint legal battles is $15.5 million and rising
Taxpayers from the state of Michigan are funding both the defense and the prosecution in the Flint water crisis investigation. The tab so far? $15.5 million. The legal fees alone are more than three t …
- Number of "hate groups" found in Michigan increases in recent years, according to the SPLC
The Southern Poverty Law Center lists 28 "hate groups" in Michigan for the year 2016. The year before, the SPLC listed 19 in the state. Hate groups peaked in Michigan in 2010 when the SPLC l …
- 2017 August election results for Ann Arbor, Detroit, Flint, Lansing and Grand Rapids
Here are the election results from the races we are following.
- EPA approves $9.7 million to start cleaning up Velsicol Superfund site in St. Louis, Michigan
The town of St. Louis, Michigan got some good news from the Environmental Protection Agency this week. Agency officials announced at a meeting with concerned citizens that the Velsicol Chemical Superf …