As a senior producer/reporter from 2010 to 2016 he helped move the station toward publishing more online-first stories.
From 2006 to 2010, as the unit’s co-manager and senior producer, Mark helped transition the station’s regional environmental news unit into an award-winning national news service known as The Environment Report.
Mark is a graduate of the University of Michigan (’00 MS in Environmental Policy and Planning & ’91 BA in Political Science) and has been a “public radio junkie” since 1992. Much of Mark’s storytelling philosophy was influenced through his close work with veteran CBC “réalisateur” David Candow.
Contributions from Mark Brush
- EPA approves $9.7 million to start cleaning up Velsicol Superfund site in St. Louis, Michigan
The town of St. Louis, Michigan got some good news from the Environmental Protection Agency this week. Agency officials announced at a meeting with concerned citizens that the Velsicol Chemical Superf …
- Officer stabbed at Bishop International Airport, FBI says it's terrorism, Canadian charged
Update Thursday, June 22, 10:45 p.m.: The head of Detroit’s FBI office says investigators have learned how and when Fthoui entered the U.S., but still can’t say why he ended up stabbing a security off …
- These are the 15 people charged for their connection to the Flint water crisis
State Attorney General Bill Schuette's investigation into what went wrong during the Flint water crisis has been going on for a year and half. During that time Schuette has held several press con …
- 5 charged with involuntary manslaughter in Flint water probe
The head of the Michigan health department is one of the five charged with involuntary manslaughter with regard to their involvement in the Flint water crisis.
- LIVE VIDEO and ANALYSIS – James Comey testifies before Senate Intelligence Committee
Former FBI Director James Comey is testifying before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence this week, speaking publicly for the first time since he was fired by President Trump nearly a month ag …