Steve Carmody has been a reporter for Michigan Radio since 2005.
Steve previously worked at public radio and television stations in Florida, Oklahoma and Kentucky, and also has extensive experience in commercial broadcasting.
During his three-plus decades in broadcasting, Steve has won numerous awards, including accolades from the Associated Press and Radio and Television News Directors Association. Away from the broadcast booth, Steve is an avid reader and movie fanatic.
Contributions from Steve Carmody
- Judge considers request to dismiss police chase lawsuit
In Flint Monday, a judge will hear arguments over dismissing a lawsuit concerning police car chases. In 2014, a state police trooper tried to conduct a traffic stop on a vehicle in Flint, which sped a …
- Other states find law enforcement job changes, doesn't end, with legalizing marijuana
As Michigan voters consider whether to legalize recreational marijuana, law enforcement agencies are assessing how to respond if the measure passes in November.
- Lansing's old Waverly golf course in line for $100 million development
There are plans to turn a run-down Lansing golf course into a $100 million mixed used development. The rough on the old Waverly golf course has been growing wild for years. The city closed the golf co …
- "A victory for transparency" that might have little effect on Michigan campaign spending
A decision by the U.S. Supreme Court this week will likely have little effect on campaign spending in this fall’s election in Michigan. The high court denied a request on Tuesday by Karl Rove’s Crossr …
- Attorney may use mental health defense for alleged Flint airport attacker
A defense lawyer wants a mental health evaluation for the man accused of carrying out a terrorist attack at Flint’s airport last year.