Sarah Cwiek joined Michigan Radio in October, 2009. As our Detroit reporter, she is helping us expand our coverage of the economy, politics, and culture in and around the city of Detroit.
Before her arrival at Michigan Radio, Sarah worked at WDET-FM as a reporter and producer.
Contributions from Sarah Cwiek
- Demolitions are transforming Detroit. Some wonder: what comes next?
“I am obsessed with a goal: To eliminate blight from the city of Detroit entirely by 2025,” Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan said recently.
- Study: Immigrants boost Wayne County
Immigrants are bringing outsized economic benefits to Wayne County , and helping offset an otherwise declining population in the state’s largest county. That’s the conclusion of a new study the county …
- In one Detroit neighborhood, a new community resource: a tool library
Every homeowner at least occasionally needs some tools. But they can be expensive and inaccessible for some people, especially in low-income communities.
- Judge shoots down water utilities' challenge to Michigan Lead and Copper Rule
A Michigan Court of Claims judge has dismissed a case that would have undone the state’s new Lead and Copper Rule. The rule went into effect last year. It toughens standards for lead in water, has mor …
- Plan would reduce property tax debts, could help thousands of Detroiters save homes
Detroit and Wayne County officials say a new program could help keep thousands of the lowest-income homeowners in their homes and out of tax foreclosure. The plan, called Pay As You Stay (PAYS), calls …