Sarah Cwiek joined Michigan Radio in October, 2009. As our Detroit reporter, she is helping us expand our coverage of the economy, politics, and culture in and around the city of Detroit.
Before her arrival at Michigan Radio, Sarah worked at WDET-FM as a reporter and producer.
Contributions from Sarah Cwiek
- Groundbreaking for new Gordie Howe International Bridge is today
Gov. Snyder and Canadian dignitaries are gathering in southwest Detroit for official groundbreaking on the new Gordie Howe International Bridge this morning. Gov. Snyder has been instrumental in makin …
- Detroit tax foreclosures fall for third straight year
After years of being ravaged by property tax foreclosures that claimed more than one in three city homes, Detroit will see fewer than 5,000 properties go to the annual Wayne County tax auction this fa …
- Bi-national commission recommends ways to keep flame retardants out of Great Lakes
The International Joint Commission has released recommendations to limit the toxic impacts of flame retardant chemicals in the Great Lakes environment.
- Detroit foreclosure buy-back expansion faces time crunch, funding uncertainty
Detroit expanded a program this year that gives some people a last-minute chance to avoid tax foreclosure, but its reach could be limited by time and money.
- Supporters of re-districting ballot proposal target Michigan Chamber of Commerce
Some supporters of an anti-gerrymandering ballot proposal are targeting the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, and particularly board chairman Mark Davidoff, over the Chamber’s support for a lawsuit that a …